Friday, July 4, 2008

Last Night

Its been an awesome day, but quite quite busy. Its 12 oclock and
lights are finally off (not flashlights). They are making up stories
with shadow puppets on the wall. Who knows why they can't just go to
bed :) Maybe because of all the mountain dew. :)

I told the kid beside me to spit out his gum because I didn't want it
in his hair, so he showed me his gum on his tongue and said, "You see
it now, now you don't" and swolled the gum.... Maybe you like to
swallow your gum, but that's definitely not me.


ok, I had a great time sharing and telling testimonies with the guys
tonight. All of the guys in my cabin are from New Testament Baptist
and Cornerstone Baptist. It was great to meet them, I hope these guys
are serious about making the changes they mentioned.

Please pray for your teens to follow through on the choices they've
made. There were a number of testimonies shared at the end of the
service, but I've known many many teens share great testimonies and
not change help encourage them along in their choices.

The message tonightvwas calls Fake Faith. The main text was Luke 18.
It is very easy for a teen to want to live a "lazy" Christian life
without standards. They think they can get the best of both worlds. As
you know, its one path or the other. A fake faith is not what Christ
wants and its not what others want either. God doesn't want luke warm
Christians. Just a thought of mine. What is a luke-warm Christian? A
disobedient servant. You either serve Christ or the devil, you cannot
serve two masters.

BenH

1 comment:

JLS said...

Hi Ben I am glad you got to meet Jan and Yonni. They are great kids! Very bright. Please continue to pray for their spiritual growth.

If God should provide an opportunity for you to ever come over again to NTBC they will always remember you now! Their 'camp counselor'.

Thanks for being there,
Mrs. S
Serving the Saviour in NJ